This Sunday, March 24th, is a BIG Sunday in the life of Momentum Church. It’s Partnership Sunday. What is Partnership Sunday? I’m glad you asked. Partnership is Momentum’s version of membership. We believe that members may have rights but partners have responsibilities!
You see, God has called Momentum Church to an amazing vision, which is To Be the VISIBLE Church. Being the VISIBLE church means we don’t want to be just another church on the corner, but we desire to BE a church that serves, that is generous, that is in the community meeting needs, that is seeing Life Change, that is growing in the favor of God, that is making disciples of Jesus Christ, and that is radical in our hospitality!
To fulfill this call, it will take every person choosing to be an active participant of that vision. So, when you say “Yes” to become a Partner at Momentum, you are saying, “I’m all in! You can count on me to do my part to make this vision a reality!”
Below are the eight areas that a Partner is choosing to be responsible for at Momentum:
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. (James 1:22-25)
- 22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
- Recognize the Bible as the authority of my life. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- 16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of Godmay be complete, equipped for every good work.
- Regularly attend Worship. (Matthew 22:36-38)
- 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment.
- Be active in a Life Group or plan to join a Life Group. (Hebrews 10:23-25)
- 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
- Tithe (Biblical tithe of 10%) or have a plan to begin tithing. (Malachi 3:8-10)
- 8 Will man rob God? Yet you are robbing me. But you say, ‘How have we robbed you?’ In your tithes and contributions. 9 You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing me, the whole nation of you. 10 Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.
- Serve in an area of ministry or plan to serve. (Mark 10:45)
- 45 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
- Support the vision of Momentum Church to “Be the Visible Church.” (Acts 1:3)
- 3 He presented himself alive to them after his suffering by many proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God.
- Invite others to join me at Momentum Church. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- 18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
In seeking to live these out in our lives, I know that being the VISIBLE church will become a reality and Momentum can be the church that God has uniquely designed us to be!!! I hope you will be at Momentum this Sunday and I pray you will say “Yes” to become one of the first Partners of Momentum Church!
It’s going to be an AMAZING day! I look forward to seeing you!