Transforming How I See and Use Money
If you don’t manage your money, you money will manage you.
Read Luke 16:1-8, the most shocking and misunderstood story Jesus told.
2 REASONS JESUS TOLD THE STORY
- His audience was the Pharisees, the religious leaders. They were self-righteous, judgmental, and hypocritical. Luke 16:14-15
- Many believers are poor money managers. Luke 16:8
- -Jesus did not praise the man’s dishonesty. He praised hin shrewdness– keen awareness. God wants you to learn biblical shrewdness.
4 THINGS NOT TO DO WITH MONEY
- Don’t waste money– Luke 16:2
- Don’t love money or live for money– Luke 16:13
- -I must choose what I will love most in life– LOVE PEOPLE. Use money.
- -The choice is always between God and money- It is easy for money to become a god.
- Don’t trust money for security– Luke 16:3, Proverbs 23:5
- Don’t expect money to satisfy– Ecclesiastes 5:10, Luke 12:15
5 TRUTHS TO REMEMBER ABOUT MONEY EVERYDAY
- It all belongs to God! – Luke 16:1
- -Anytime I waste money, I’m wasting God’s money.
- God is using the money to test me– Matthew 6:19-21
- -It shows what I love most. God deserves and insists on First place in my life
- -It shows what I trust most.
- -It shows if God can trust me. Out of control finances reveal an out of control life! Luke 16:11-12
- Money is a tool to be used for God’s purposes– Luke 16:9
- -He looked ahead. Proverbs 14:8
- -He made plans. Proverbs 16:9
- -He acted quickly. Luke 16:4
- The best use of money is to use it to get people to heaven. Luke 16:9
- One day I will give an account to God. Luke 16:2, Romans 14:12
- -If I am faithful with little, God can trust me with more. Luke 16:10
- -Faithfulness is little ways produces fruitfulness in big ways. Matthew 25:29